Volkswagen Group China is a division of Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft and currently consists of 21 companies in China. Volkswagen Group China is not an incorporated enterprise and is therefore represented by the Volkswagen (China) Investment Company Ltd. (VCIC) in the following terms and conditions.
Your personal information
• date of birth;
• telephone numbers;
• e-mail address;
• purchase details;
• driving license number and state;
• warranty and service transaction information provided by our dealer network affiliates or third parties and
• any other relevant information.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services or level of services you require.
2. We may collect technical data about the type of Internet browser and computer operating system that you use. This information does not identify you as an individual and is used only for tracking of site use.
3. We may collect cookies from you about your visit to our website to help us to improve our website. Cookies are small information files which are sent to your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit a website and it will recognize your device on future visits.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
• directly from you, when you provide information by telephone, electronic messages (including email and SMS) or in documents such as 'change of owner details' forms;
• directly from you, via our internet site (requests for information);
• from our dealer network when you purchase a vehicle or have your vehicle repaired;
• from your agents or representatives who act on your behalf;
• from competition entry forms or at our promotional activities or sponsored events;
• from third parties we contract to collect and/or manage data on our behalf;
• from third parties who you have asked or permitted to provide your personal information (including those parties from whom you purchase goods and services);
• from publicly available sources such as the Internet and telephone directories; and
• from law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory and regulatory bodies.
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information you provide for the purposes that we identify when we ask you to provide the information. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service you desire. We may use your email address to communicate with you.
If you choose to register or receive products or materials from us, or to otherwise give us personal information, we may store some or all of that personal information and with your prior permission use it for marketing research and marketing purposes, which may include sharing it with Volkswagen or Audi authorized dealerships or with various suppliers that provide marketing, research, or other services for us.
We will never sell your personal information to any other company. In the event of a criminal investigation or a suspected illegal activity, we may be required by law enforcement agencies to share certain personal information.
When we disclosure your personal information
1. We may disclose your personal information to organizations outside of Volkswagen. These organizations may include:
• our appointed dealers;
• outsourced service providers who manage services we provide to you including:
financial services and insurance;
mailing systems and direct marketing; and
• government, regularity and law enforcement authorities and organizations, as required or authorized by law;
• our affiliated entities;
• the agent(s) of any of those entities referred to above;
• your employer (where applicable); and
• our advisors (including legal and accounting advisors).
2. We do not authorize the above-mentioned entities to use personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them. We may also disclose personal information when you consent to us doing so. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct.
We will not direct market to you unless you have been given an opportunity to opt out of receiving future direct marketing communications or unless you have otherwise consented to direct marketing. If you do not want to receive such offers from us or do not want us to disclose your personal information to our related entities or dealerships for marketing purposes, you can opt out at any time by contacting us using our contact details provided below.
How to contact us
Volkswagen (China) Investment Co., Ltd.
Building 1, No. 12 Qisheng Middle Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
Postal Code: 100028
Tel.: +86 10 6531 3000